Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fieldcraft and Tactics Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    I beg to differ!
    Burn the heathen!!!

I do agree with teaching it in the field where possible, sometimes it just isn't feasible though.
    Remember: If all else fails, fix swords and fight through!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginge View Post
    Burn the heathen!!!
    We are talking about the dehydrated corned beef hash, aren't we? I loved it!
    *Yumbles*

Corned beef hash is rats to put it mildly. Try having it everyday for a 50 day exercise and see if you have the same opinion.
    The older I get the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    We are talking about the dehydrated corned beef hash, aren't we? I loved it!
    Used to think you were alright, Talon, but you've proven me otherwise...
    "Have I gone mad?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret - all the best people are..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been reading through this today, Ive got to say I'm impressed, there is a lot of good stuff in there and if taught properly (as we all do / will!) I can see many happy cadets.

I'm glad the 58 patt webbing has gone and that they are all in MTP as well - wonder how many years we'll have to wait for the MTP assault vests & patrol packs shown in the manual to arrive!!

I'll agree with what others have said as well, looking at the lists of kit / equipment needed for the lessons got me thinking 'what are the actual chances of all this actually being issued??'

But if you don't ask you don't get.....

All in all a big thumbs up from me on this!
    'Loddon Troop leads the way!'

Fieldcraft Manual

Could someone please link me the fieldcraft manual that has replaced part of the training manual? My dc says she's unable to get it from Westminster for some reason.
    Thanks.
    OCdt James Newton
    Chemistry Undergraduate | Musician
    Badahoz Company | East Midlands Universities Officer Training Corps

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's classed as "Protect" level information James, so should not be shared on an open forum such as this. One of your other CFAVs must be able to get access to it.

It is a good read.
    9.035. When faced with the difficult (often) or the completely impossible (sometimes) in the ACF, use the knowledge and experience of others by seeking advice and assistance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by imj4mes View Post
    Could someone please link me the fieldcraft manual that has replaced part of the training manual? My dc says she's unable to get it from Westminster for some reason.
    Thanks.
    It is there, I just downloaded it again this morning. Your DC must be doing it wrong.
    *Yumbles*

Ah okay, I'll try again. thanks!
    OCdt James Newton
    Chemistry Undergraduate | Musician
    Badahoz Company | East Midlands Universities Officer Training Corps

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by den View Post
    wonder how many years we'll have to wait for the MTP assault vests & patrol packs shown in the manual to arrive!!
    A long time for the Cadet Patrol Pack/Bergan. Funding for it has been withdrawn
    9.035. When faced with the difficult (often) or the completely impossible (sometimes) in the ACF, use the knowledge and experience of others by seeking advice and assistance.