Thread: Fieldcraft and Tactics Manual (again)

Downloads
    Uploads

Fieldcraft and Tactics Manual (again)

The new Fieldcraft Manual has apparently been "released" again and is on Westminster. The syllabus still hasn't been released though.
    Last edited by Talon; 24th June 2013 at 16:56.
    *Yumbles*

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any ISPEC's with it??? I love the way they release CFIT the new way of instructing and then release their newest manual without ISPEC's
    “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
    "Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daz.t View Post
    Any ISPEC's with it??? I love the way they release CFIT the new way of instructing and then release their newest manual without ISPEC's
    Are they producing them for us then? We had to make our own lesson plans for the old lessons!

We haven't actually started teaching CFIT though, I think they are starting after annual camp round these parts.
    Last edited by Talon; 24th June 2013 at 17:17.
    *Yumbles*

I've spoken to Westminster HQ and the syllabus is on there, although it is password protected (I have this). It is due to go back on today with no password however.
    Remember: If all else fails, fix swords and fight through!

Downloads
    Uploads
    ISPEC's for the Navigation Syllabus are all there
    “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
    "Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea."

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a new document on Westminster regarding the publication of the new manual.

Publication of AC 71966: Cadet Training: Fieldcraft and Tactics (2013)
    Background
    1. The Fieldcraft and Tactics information contained in the Cadet Training Manual (1990) is outdated and not fit for purpose.
    General
    2. The standalone publication “Cadet Training: Fieldcraft and Tactics” has been produced by CTC Frimley Park and has been through the change control process as governed by TDT.
    3. The publication is now available electronically on WESTMINSTER. Distribution of hard copies is TBC.
    4. This is a reference book only and while containing some safety information the authoritative documents for all field training are AC 71855-C Pamphlet 21-C, Training Area Standing Orders and Single Service regulations for the safety of cadets.
    APC (ACF) Fieldcraft Syllabus (1999) Referencing The Cadet Fieldcraft and Tactics Pamphlet (2013)
    5. A new APC Fieldcraft syllabus is currently being drafted and then implemented as the current syllabus does not follow a sensible order.
    6. Until such a time as the new syllabus can be issued the current APC Syllabus (1999) can be followed, using information from the new pamphlet as detailed below.
    Note: Tests and practice periods have not been included and are as per APC Syllabus 1999.
    If you want to see lesson equivalents, you can download the document from Westminster.
    *Yumbles*

Downloads
    Uploads
    So on the ACF Champion Cadet competition in September, will they expect us to know the content of the new Fieldcraft and Tactics publication, or will verbatim knowledge of the Fieldcraft and Tactics of the Cadet Training Manual suffice? I suppose the question I'm asking is, shall I ask HQ for a copy of this?
    PI Maher
    Dorset ACF

Downloads
    Uploads
    Given that it hasn't been distributed in print yet I would imagine you will be safe just knowing the current CTM content.
    *Yumbles*